Service Terms & Conditions - Main Points
- If you do not use the service for 90 days, your DrayTEL account will be de-activated (closed) and you will lose all benefits of your DrayTEL account. 'Usage' includes a VoIP/SIP device being logged into the DrayTEL server using any of the SIP ID's allocated to your account. You do not actually need to make calls to keep the account active. If an account is closed, any remaining call credit is lost and not refundable.
- All DrayTEL SIP IDs are limited to 2 concurrent calls per ID for outbound and inbound calls to and from the PSTN network respectively, unless otherwise specified.
- All subscription services have a minimum contract period of 12 months unless otherwise specified, with a one month notice period for cancellation thereafter.
- Only 1 free geographic number is allowed per DrayTEL account after purchasing £10 call credit.
- If you do not receive any calls on an allocated PSTN number (0845/0870 or geographic area code) for 90 days, that number may be de-allocated. The same number cannot be restored to your account and may be allocated to and used by another user.
- In order to purge inactive/unwanted accounts, we may send out periodic emails requesting that you verify your account. You must keep your account details up to date (in particular your email address) in order that you can receive these emails and click the verification hotlink. If you operate any anti-spam measures, please ensure that the draytel.org domain is not blocked.
- The service may be temporarily unavailable at any time for maintenance or due to system failure without notice.
- No compensation is offered or liability accepted to the user or any third party should the service be unavailable temporarily or permanently, either due to suspension of your account or cessation of the service.
- Bonus features available after specific purchases are available only where qualifying criteria are met. These services were introduced on 7th December 2005 and are non-retrospective for purchases previous to that date.
- Wherever possible, notice of at least 7 days would be given of any service changes however the service, the address/username and/or PSTN phone number (e.g. 0870/0845 or geographic numbers) issued to you may be withdrawn at any time without notice, so should not be assumed as 'permanent'. This is particularly of issue where there is any forced renumbering by Telecoms authority (e.g. Oftel) which we are required to make.
- You must not use the service for any unlawful purpose, or use it for the dissemination of any material or information which could be unlawful, offensive or obscene.
- You may not use the service to make unsolicited calls, in particular sales cold-calls or use the service in way way to disrupt or disturb (or attempt to) the operation of any company/business or quiet enjoyment of any person.
- You shall not use the service in any way which might affect the performance of the service or enjoyment of the service by other users. This includes hardware/software operation which operate in a way which is not acceptable to the service providers, either deliberately (by design) or due to malfunction.
- Charges and calling rates for the service may change at any time. Please refer back to the DrayTEL web site for the current rates.
- Where using any call diversion (forwarding) facilities you must ensure that any third party is aware that you are forwarding calls to them. The transferred leg of such calls are billed to your DrayTEL account.
- DrayTEL support is provided by email for all customers. We try to reply to all emails within 24 hours (weekdays) and typically much quicker. Technical support via telephone is only available for customers with a DrayTEL UK Talk or DrayTEL SIP Trunking subscription.
- Like any online service, DrayTEL accounts and SIP IDs are protected by usernames and password. The SIP ID and password enables your VoIP hardware/software to make calls via our server. If someone obtains your password(s), they will be able to make calls on your account from anywhere, and using up your credit. For that reason, it is imperative that you keep your passwords secure, strong and confidential at all times. DrayTEL cannot accept any responsibility for unauthorised calls made on your account. You should always set and use strong passwords, for example minimum 10 characters, mixed numbers, letters and characters and not easy to guess. Beware of using your details on public networks where your details may be stored or intercepted and if you use any kind of PBX or other VoIP hardware, you must ensure that its own passwords and those of any extensions are also secure and strong.
- You will not share your account with any unrelated person ('unrelated' being persons outside your own household or organisation). Where you authorise another related party to use your account, you accept responsibily for their usage of your account.
- If you provide your account details or password onto any third party for any purposes, for example accounting or the provision of 3rd party value added services, you are responsible for any use or abuse they might make of that information, for example the use of any calling credit.
- Where 'call credit' is purchased for making calls to the PSTN, this is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another user/account so we recommend only purchasing call credit which you intend using and being sure that you purchase it on the right account (if you have more than one).
- Privacy : Your personal details will be held confidentially and used only by agents responsible for operating the DrayTEL service. You consent to receiving service updates or account verification requests from us by email, together with other periodic commercial information from us. We will not pass your email address onto 3rd parties for the purposes of unsolcitied emails ('spams').
- In the case of service malfunction or misconfiguration providing you with any unentitled benefit (whether pecuniary or otherwise), this benefit may be removed/amended retrospectively. In cases where a malfunction or flaw is deliberately exploited by a user, any such financial benefit shall be repayable by the user.
- We may, at our discretion, prohibit the use of any hardware or third party services with the DrayTEL service where we believe that it may be interferring or otherwise detrimental to our systems or affecting the service for other users.
- Where hardware (physical) products are supplied or purchased from a third party, the product's operation may depend on continued operation of the DrayTEL service. Should the DrayTEL service cease, or the scope of operation change such that the hardware product is no longer usable (either partially or completely), DrayTEL are not responsible for the cost of that hardware, its replacement or any consequential costs arising.
- It is prohibited to use the DrayTEL server, partner servers or any DrayTEL supplied hardware/software outside of the intended use stated by DrayTEL. This includes reverse engineering, code alteration or any other usage which might alter or affect the operation intended by DrayTEL or the normal usage of other users.
- These service terms may be amended at any time without notice; you should refer to this page to view the latest version of the service terms. Any breach or suspected breach of the service terms may lead to suspension of your account, either temporarily or permanently; all such decisions and judgement are made at the sole discretion of the service provider.
- DrayTEL staff and agents will attempt to respond to and resolve issues or questions as quickly as possible. Whilst we know the vast majority of users are courteous, any abuse or language/action which would clearly cause offence to personnel may result in no response being offered and in serious cases, the immediate closure of your account, in all cases without any liability on our part for subsequent inconvenience or loss. Such enforcement is at our discretion.
- Invoices. In order to maintain low costs, DrayTEL do not issue printed invoices for purchases of calling credit or other purchases. Invoices are available to download and print from your DrayTEL control panel for a period of 3 months after purchase. It is the customer's responsibility to download them within that period if they will be required for accounting or VAT purposes as they may not be available after that time. If an archived/older invoice is required, this will be subject to an administration fee.
- VAT. As a UK based operation, VAT is chargeable on all sales to persons within the UK/NI. VAT is also chargeable to all sales within the EU except where a valid EU (non UK) VAT number is provided at the time of purchase (you must set that in your control panel). If a valid VAT number is not available or provided at the time of purchase, VAT will be charged and is non-refundable. Sales to persons outside of the UK/EU will not be charged VAT, as long as your country is selected correctly on your account at the time of purchase, otherwise VAT will be charged and is non-refundable. If you falsely state your location or use VAT details incorrectly then you are fully responsible for any penalties under tax laws.
Additional Details of Service Terms
Access to DrayTEL.org SIP server is being provided on a non-exclusive basis. User acknowledges and understands that DrayTEL.org SIP site is in a developmental stage and that DrayTEL.org makes no guarantees regarding the availability or functionality thereof. User may not sublicense its access rights to the DrayTel service to any third party.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This is a Voice over Data network service and as such, it is dependent on your connection to the data network and the data network itself. Your service may therefore cease to function if there is a power failure or a failure in the underlying data network.
User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold DrayTEL.org, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and licensors harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, expenses, losses, and liabilities (including courts costs and reasonable attorneys' fees), arising from or relating to this agreement including user's access to and use of the SIP server to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall DrayTEL.org or any of its licensors, be liable for any indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, or consequential damages, arising out of the access to or use of or inability to access or use the SIP server, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletions of files, errors, defects, delays in transmission or operation or any failure of performance, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
The DrayTEL.org telephony service is not intended as a substitute of the PSTN telephony service. DrayTEL.org registered users must ensure a PSTN telephony line is available at the location from which they use the service.
If user commits, in DrayTEL.org's sole determination, a default of these terms and conditions, DrayTEL.org may immediately terminate user's access to the SIP server. Furthermore, DrayTEL.org reserves the right to discontinue offering access to the SIP server at any time.
User may not assign its rights hereunder without the prior written consent of DrayTEL.org. User agrees to comply with all laws, regulations and other legal requirements that apply to these terms and conditions.
If any provision of this agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws, and the remainder shall remain in full force and effect.
Any failure of DrayTEL.org to enforce any provision of this agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any rights under such provision or any other provision of this agreement.
User acknowledges that it has read this agreement, understands it, and agrees that it is the complete and exclusive statement of the entire agreement between company and DrayTEL.org with respect to the subject matter herein, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous proposals, discussions, agreements, understandings, and communications, whether written or oral and may be amended only in a writing executed by both user and DrayTEL.org.